Blind in the Glare

I’m caught in the headlights again
The 5am roadsters make this their domain
I turn off the byway, the world goes insane
I’m caught in the headlights again

I’m blind in the glare of their haste
Aggressive, invading my allotted space
They throw down the gauntlet, endorsing the chase
I’m blind in the glare of their haste

I’m tempted to retaliate
To punish their rude and superior state
To inform of peril, atonement create
I’m tempted to retaliate

I’m caught in the headlights again
Caught in the slipstream; where madmen reign
I turn off the highway, leave them to inflame
I’m out of the headlights again

Comments

  1. Hi :)

    I got your comment on my blog and I wanted to stop by yours too. I love the dreamy quality you've got here. I'll be watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:59 am

    Lovely poem. Good to hear your verse again. Agree with the sentiment in this one. It's a tricky call though isn't it. The country roads are quieter but actually have higher accident rates. I'd fit a high wattage halogen lamp on your rearparcel shelf and light it up when anyone gets too close! (just kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lone Chatelaine, thank you for the visit. I am glad you like my blog. I look forward to your return visits, and mine to you! Bye for now!

    Mac's Niece, thank you and I agree about the halogen bulb, believe me I have considered it but I have learnt by experience that you provoke bad and aggressive drivers at your own risk. Now I get on with what I am doing and am happy when they have overtaken!

    I am pleased to be writing again, it's been a while.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure