Blue Skies Smiling at Me

Ah the joys of the weekend! Following a very enjoyable but busy spell we are having a quiet weekend. I have been out for a few hours with the dogs this morning which was brilliant. They are now catching 40 winks and I am making the most of a quiet spell on my own to do some blogging and search You Tube for some more favourites.

(This is another one for you Bowledover.)



My fella is on a mission to find a drummer and has gone out to see a friend and then post some adverts in local music shops. He has been rehearsing with a guitar player for a few months now and they are keen to get a drummer so they can arrange a few gigs locally for some fun.

I love Saturdays like this. The house looks like a bomb has hit (not something I like!) but I cannot quite bring myself to tidy today, or not just now anyway. I love spending time at my pc just searching, playing and visiting bloggers near and far.



Oh I am loving this! When we were kids back at home we all used to sing a lot together as a family. We are all music lovers and I have such wonderful memories of sitting round singing all sorts of songs and laughing together. Those were the days!



Ok, I am off to the Itunes Store to see how much of this stuff I can purchase!

Comments

  1. Dancin' Fool, once again you have entertained me on a Saturday night. I had the orig sheet music with Mary Hopkins "Those Were the Days" and played it on the piano and sang when a teenager and older and loved Blue Skies ... I tend to sing that one quite a bit, too. You are such a Buddette (lady buddy). Thanks from your SisSTAR
    xoxo
    jam on down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dancin' I too am enjoying the music.
    If memory serves me well, washing up time was a favourite time for harmony singing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kylita, there is nothing better than sharing music. I am so glad you enjoyed it. I would love to sit at the piano and play Those Were The Days, it is such a stirring song. I cannot help but sway as I listen and sing along! As for Blue Skies....what a track! I would love to have been a musical actress in the good old days. If I had my way, life would be a musical for real, how amazing would that be! Bye for now bud!

    Hey Bowledover! And washing up was so enjoyable for it! Actually my lovely fella is washing up as we speak and I am sitting here playing these songs and replying to these lovely comments.

    He is however not singing along and has threatened to come in and take charge of my music selections for the day!! Time to play something else for him! :0)

    (He says I get all dreamy eyed when I listen to stuff like this!:0))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dancin' you dream as much as you like, its good for the soul.
    The music is wonderful tell yoyr fella that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry typo Your Fella

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure