Return of the King

The most amazing thing happened this afternoon. We found out that BB King is touring the UK again this year!

I missed him last time he was here and had thought that given his age (currently 84) it was fair to assume that he probably wouldn't come here again to play, I know he still tours the States but I also know he doesn't like flying.

But, wonder of wonders I am now the very proud owner of 2 tickets to see him play in Birmingham on 25th June!

He is such a unique and special talent, and an inspirational man. I have no idea what he will play, obviously there are a few tracks I would really like to hear but bottom line I just can't wait to hear him play live.

We went to see Bob Dylan the year before last and he played lots of stuff I had never heard before but it really didn't matter. It was a brilliant gig, he sounded amazing and we had such a good night.

I am really pleased to be getting some gigs lined up for this year. We are going to see Porcupine Tree for the third time in October and I am scouting out Nick Harper gigs. We have seen him loads and try and make it an annual event however have not seen him since 2007. Live music is definitely my favourite night out! (Image Credit: Star Pulse)

Comments

  1. I felt this way when Lou Reed played the island few years ago. I still can't believe I saw a legned on the island. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey Lou Reed, that must have been amazing! I am something of a fan but do not know too much of him or the Velvet Underground. Another unique talent though.

    I know we will have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your note re: PT in October. Have they announced a tour yet or is that just a placeholder month when you expect them to be on the road?

    Also noted your affection for Nick Harper. You have great taste! I have seen PT 3 times (Chicago and 2x in San Francisco)...and I saw Nick Harper at the Fringe in Edingburgh....he is excellent...and PT has been my favorite for the past 5 years now.

    Enjoy the shows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep! saw BB 3 times or more and I hope he plays all you want to hear. I also hope you've listened to the big Grammy winner "Raising Sand" with Robert Plant and Alison Krause. I bought it when it first came out and fell in love with it. I didn't watch that part of the Grammys on TV tonight but just read they won big time ... the song, "Please Read My Letter" I just fell in love with. It was so strange for those 2 to be together, but T-Bone Walker knew what he was doing.
    Did you ever check out Keb Mo? There's one called "Shave Yo Legs" which is a current favorite ;oD
    p.s. It was in the mid 40's this wkend and much of our ice and snow melted ... so you can have it awhile, OK? Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tzee! No October is booked! Their website is a little behind but I got an alert from Ticket Master. I think PT have some more gigs for this year so worth while searching on the net. You have excellent taste too!

    Hey Kyle! I have not got to hear Keb Mo yet but will this weekend. Thanks again for the tip. I also love the Plant/ Krause album, it is brilliant! Should have known you have seen BB, you are a good music buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw BB in Orlando with Buddy Guy.
    Absolutely the best night!
    BB played for almost 3 hours! His band was trying to rush him but he told us I'm having fun, I'm an old man these days are worth rushing through!
    Enjoyed your skywatch, just couldn't help bursting out with pleasure over BB King!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I meant NOT rushing through
    read/do as I think not as I type!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Ellen, thanks for your comment, that must have been great! I am glad to share my excitement with a BB fan! I can only hope he is feeling as enthusiastic when we see him but somehow I think that he is like that at all of his gigs. BB King seems to live for his music and I think will be playing until the day he dies, what a guy. I will post a review after the gig.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see you have a countdown now to your big concert night!
    Yes I agree BB is renowned for howling up a storm.


    BB King told the story behind why he wrote each of his songs and had little jokes on his band too. And he spoke asking questions to those of us dancing in the aisles.

    It was like wandering down a lane with your best friend listening to the bird sing your favorite tune my feet couldn't stop tapping.

    I like your pastel pines & Enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure