Todays Shining Star

I have a young daughter, and while I want her to appreciate equality fully with regard the sexes, and not think that 'girls are best' (although sometimes they are :0)) I also want to make her aware of the incredible women that have proven over the years that women are just as capable as men.

Both sexes bring something to the table, we are both needed. But sadly women do not have equality globally.

Anyway, that's all a bit heavy for a Friday morning! And my daughter is very young. So we are starting gently. But through the Little People Big Dreams books, she has become aware of Emmeline Pankhurst.

She has also seen Mary Poppins. 

So, this morning we have been celebrating the Suffragettes through this awesome anthem sung by the incredible Glynis Johns.

Comments

  1. I also have a young daughter (now 10!) and think similarly - she really enjoys the 'Rebel Girls' books - we have two volumes - they have single page entries on lots of remarkable women and girls who have changed and are changing the world. We also love the Mary Poppins song! (PS I'm back blogging after 6 years of a gap...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter is now 12 and in high school. How did this happen?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure