A Friend in Need

This little bundle recently turned up in our street opposite our house.

I noticed her when I returned from work and she came over to me and cried in that way that animals do when they need something rather than want something.

I have a reputation for being a softy where animals are concerned (justifiably) however, there is an audible and visible difference between need and want as I am sure all mothers can attest to!!

I stroked her and immediately noticed that she was thin to the point of concern.

Anyway I gave her some milk and left her to it for a while. Two hours later she was still in the same spot in the street as if waiting for someone....

It was too much for me to take so I got some more milk and she followed me into our house, opposite where she had been sitting, where I left her with my fella getting some attention while I went out for cat supplies.

She has obviously been owned as she took to the kitchen, cat food, litter tray, bed and cat flap instantly however showed no interest in staying outside other than for her ablutions and to drink out of the water feature.

I have noticed that animals that have lived as strays seem to prefer water that has been stood outside for a while. I am not sure whether all animals prefer water of this kind but my dog who had been a stray used to favour stagnant water over fresh any day and took preference to drinking out of the bird bath, which was conveniently at her head height too!

So, we have begun the process of trying to find her owners and getting her checked out. I will keep you posted on our progress, in the meantime it is lovely to have an animal in the house again and I am very happy to say she seems healthier and happier everyday. We have been told that she may belong to a chap down the street however he has been away for a week so I will ask him if he is missing a cat on his return.

Comments

  1. Oh, what a sweetie :)

    I'm so glad you took her in. If she does belong to the guy down the street, it doesn't sound like he's taking very good care of her. She'll be most thankful to you, I'm sure. She looks like she's feeling safe and happy again.

    I think a cat makes a place much more homey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's precious! You are such a good person to take her in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lone Chatelaine, she really is a sweetie and had her first skitty around the house this morning! She really is making daily improvements.

    Literary Feline, isn't she just! It's no problem and we are happy to help out and loving her company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:04 pm

    Its got to be e e e e e purr fect. Its got to be e e e e e worth it, she wont take second best or settle for anything less, its got to be e e e e e purr fect.
    Any name yet? Merlinda, as its a girl, Merlin for a boy, both suggest a knowing entity. She sure is that.Bowledover

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty kitty! Glad you are tending to her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:19 pm

    I seem to attract the ones in need, myself. It's a struggle, when you know you don't need another pet. But she's adorable and looks so peaceful in the picture. You done good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well being the cat lover i am, i so much thank you for taking this little gem in. I do hope that she finds her owners or has a good place with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is beautiful. If a cat chooses you, you are pretty much stuck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure