Pearls of Wisdom


I have just finished a really good book, but for the past three years I have really stepped up my reading and have read so many good stories.

I also watch a lot of films but what has struck me recently is although I think I've seen some really good films they never touch me in the same way books do. Its not just the way that books can convey so much extra detail and supporting information, or that they allow your own imagination to put faces to the characters, perceiving them in your own unique way: its that they so very often impart pearls of wisdom, ideas or thoughts, phrases and sayings, that really hit you hard and make a posative difference to how you see the world and your life.

There have been very few films that have had that affect on me, but many, many books.

At the beginning of last year I read Dan Browns latest book 'The Lost Symbol' which introduced me to Noetic Science. I took so much away from that book, and know I need to read it again as there were so many amazing ideas in it I could not take it all in, but the lasting thought I have had from the book is that human thought is powerful and as a form of energy effects the world we live in. It is therefore our responsability to think posatively at all times, it would be irresponsable to know this and deliberately put negative thoughts out there, if in some way our very thoughts impact on us all. 

Anyway, here's a little gem from the book I just finished about 30 minutes ago, Memoirs of a Master Forger - William Heaney.

...the prophet said 'Keep your heart light at every moment, because when the heart is downcast the soul becomes blind'.

As a final note, I like to include images in all posts and went looking for one appropriate to the subject matter of this one; then I remembered this photo. I took this shot from the Hill Fort at sunset last year and I love looking at it. The sky was so golden that evening and it reminds me of a peaceful day when I sat and watched the sun go down from somewhere special to me, somewhere where I feel connected.

Comments

  1. Hey! Thank you, the more I study sunsets and sunrises the more I realise how unique they are! I have not seen another quite like this one and this was taken a year ago.

    I have had to work at getting reading back into my life and it had taken a while. Finding time to read is hard. But I try now to read atleast 1 book a month and record them on my blog and it seems to help. I also joined the local library and so have a great selection to keep me interested.

    I can only read one book at a time so if I am reading one that's hard to get through it slows me right down.

    The best reading time though is on our holiday. We always go camping for 2 weeks and as we are usually miles from anywhere we spend our evenings by the tent, taking in the view and reading. I usually get through 3-4 books on holiday.

    Anyway, happy Sunday to you! I hope the sun is shining there? Its just left us and started to rain! Best get the washing in!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure