Holiday Snaps

We had a fabulous holiday in Wales again this year. I was reading a historical novel while we were away which had some Welsh history in it which really brought the countryside alive for me and made the trip we made to Caernarfon Castle much more meaningful too. Here is a selection of our snaps taken at the tent, the castle and on the many beautiful walks we did.


Its nice to know what that amazing place name means! I still cannot say it in Welsh but Mr Dancin can!


The mid point of a great walk on Anglesey and a chance for the dogs to have a swim!


A huge Crab Apple on the way to Aber Falls.


Aber Falls.


A farmer with a sense of humour!


Storm front moves in!


The beautiful Snowdon seen from a third of the way up Moel Hebog.


The view from Moel Hebog summit.


Beddgelert Woods.


Fun back at base.


Taking a moment.


Campfires in the evening.


Aberglaslyn Pass.


Taking a dip.


Views from Aberglaslyn Pass.


Views from Aberglaslyn Pass.


Views from Aberglaslyn Pass.


River Glaslyn.


Caernarfon Castle.


Caernarfon Castle.


Caernarfon Castle.

Comments

  1. I wish we had that black hay plastic here as well. It looks pretty stylish. That name is a true classic. Still laughing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cloudbusting! I do like to see my hay-bails naked so to speak but I guess it protects them against the wet which is a major consideration in Wales! It is an amazing place name is't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how can I ever thank you for posting these?? Some ancestry from Wales, as I've "bragged" about before, and I always heard about that WORD. What a hoot! I can't even imagine listening to the Welsh language...I bet it is awesome. Have to tell ya, when we watch Dr. Who, my friend insists on having the words across the bottom as she can't understand the language - ha ha! I do my best, I tell ya! Last week's episode was pretty cool! But I digress... these photos are beautiful and just thinking of that vacation makes me wanna sigh heavily! Ahhhhhhh! You are so blessed, my dear! Mr Dancin' is handsome, too! And, of course, the kids are the best doggies! Wish we could take Tuffy places but he just roams around his kingdom here in our little 2 acre wilderness. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics; great holiday by all accounts! But it's also great to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kyle! Oh how I wish we were still there, I miss the mountains, you would love it. I think you and Geoff should come and visit us sometime and we can show you the UK! Wouldn't that be brilliant! Happy Sunday my friend! Biggest love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sensory! Thank you! Top Skype last night, what a great way to spend Saturday night! It must be time for another online jam soon! Hope you are having a good Sunday? We have a roast on and a shop bought bottle of Elderberry! Wish you were here!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the campfire photo. Looks like you guys had an ace trip, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure