Dream Home

We have lived in the same village for 8 years now and love it here. We rent a property but always keep our eye open for places to buy in the village. There is one cottage on the village perimeter that we covet!

It is an old property with extensive gardens and (thanks to aerial photography) we know it also has an outdoor swimming pool. We have never seen anyone go in or come out but we hear them playing classical music in the garden (I have always imagined they are playing it to their plants in the green house!) and they have dogs that bark as you walk past.

Well yesterday I noticed it has been put up for sale and I eagerly called the estate agent to get some more details. I knew they would be asking a reasonable sum for it but given that the cottage is fairly run down thought it may be in our price bracket.

The dream ends there then! Apparently the cottage is run down and basic (just up our street!) but they are selling the property with full planning consent to demolish the existing and rebuild and the asking price is £375,000.00, yes that's right, over a third of a million pounds!

I am going to have to stop thinking about it soon as I am a little depressed that the old cottage will be lost and also completely depressed that my fella and I are never, ever going to be able to afford to buy a house that improves on the small house we rent. How the hell does anyone get a mortgage for a third of a million!

Anyway I just wanted to record it here. Ok, time to think of something else! By the way, this image isn't it but isn't it lovely! (Image Credit: Chez Nous)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure