Humble Beginnings

I got a visit from a blogger yesterday, Honfleur Then and Now, on my recent post about my historical readings, My Latest King, which has lead me off on a trail this morning to Falaise, Normandy and the birth place and home of William the Conqueror, Chateau Guillaume le Conquerant.

One thing I have found since I have been history hooked is that you pick up a small thread of information to find out one thing and before you know it you are travelling along a wide web spanning time in all directions and hours have past!

Anyway, I recommend a visit to Honfleur Then and Now to find out more about Williams origins and will leave you with this image, courtesy of Chateau Guillaume le Conquerant, which shows how the fortress would have looked in Williams time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure