These are a few of my favourite things.

1. Albert Finney, and of course Ewan McGregor, in the film Big Fish. A tale of myth intertwined with the often unbelievable truth of life, and a scene between husband and wife that makes me weep without fail every time I watch it. (Currently watching the film, it's just started.)


Don't worry, he puts the fish back in the river; yes it's that sort of film :0)


No words really...


and yes that is Danny de Vito with a stick in his mouth.

By the way, isn't it perfect that Danny de Vito is married to Rhea Perlman? What a fantastic couple they must be.


2. Michael Gambon, in anything. Most recently after seeing Dad's Army, as Godfrey. I can't take my eyes off this man; even if he is sitting in the background during a scene where the actors front stage are engaged in debate, if he is sitting in the rear, I still notice him more than anything. In our house it's called the Steve McQueen effect.

3. Medieval History, specifically 1066 - 1485. In a week's time I am moving the the Welsh Marches which was a very significant area of the country during this time. It incorporates the rise to glory and demise of one of my hero's Roger Mortimer, 1st Earl of March, and is significant during the lives of many Kings I admire greatly including Henry II, Edward I, Edward III, and Henry IV. 

I have seen many maps indicating the Welsh Marches; below are some maps that do not indicate the border of the marches but show some of the significant strongholds of the day and places I look forward to exploring very soon.


There are many more of these castles I need to explore; I have spent hours at Caernarfon and Harlech, and have seen Conwy, Beaumaris and Cardiff from the outside only. (We tried to visit Beaumaris twice on camping holidays however poor parking and hot weather restricted our visit as we always holiday with our dogs and as such any event planned has to be dog friendly in one way or another. We will of course try again.


These are the Welsh Castles on which I have recently been bought a book by my super Hubby. Of these I have visited two; Castell y Bere and Criccieth.


And this is the extent of land held by the Mortimer family. If you are unfamiliar with the story, and significance, of Roger Mortimer I urge you to find out more. This is a great place to do just that: Ian Mortimer The Greatest Traitor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure