I tighten my grip on the moment and wince against the force,
my thoughts, abrupt and untameable, run riot through reason,
and tested and tortured I accelerate towards the first eruption
incapable of calm,
angry am I
and I mean harm

my will fragmented I fight to keep control,
unpredictable and erratic, I am derived of this beast unleashed on my soul,
if reason could conquer I would pray for all
incapable of calm,
angry am I
and I mean harm

but limited are the merits of my foe, suddenly departed
and in its place hastens despair,
curtailed at the brink of destruction I stand bereft and abandoned,
the penitent man,
angry I was
defeated I am.


Comments

  1. Anonymous3:29 pm

    Brilliant!! my favourite so far

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:09 am

    If Stevie Ray Vaughan had written poetry it would have sounded like this.....top stuff!
    T-bone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remind me not to get in your way when you are feeling like that!

    Very intense verse. Was there a particular occurence that inspired it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes and No, I allowed myself to explore anger a little, not very pleasant, and combined it with a driving incident where some nutter left me feeling the need to vent! Needless to say I didn't!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure