Guy Fawkes Night - Doggy Style

As all pet owners will know this is not a great time of year for animals; it would be but 'the powers that be' do insist on selling small explosives to the public! I have to say it has not been too bad around here this year and thankfully although our dogs are not completely happy with the firework associated noises they do not get really distressed.

We are however, planning a pet friendly fire works night and celebrating at home. We have been out to displays in recent years which I love doing but this year we are staying in and having baked potatoes and tomato soup. We are also planning to watch V is for Vendetta which is such a wonderful film in the spirit of rebellion and revolution, and the evening will culminate with sparklers in the back garden! I figure that if we leave the dogs in the house with the curtains closed they will be unaware of our small explosive celebration but we still get to light something!

Does anyone still have children coming round with a home made Guy for the bonfire? I have noticed that the bonfire aspect of Bonfire Night seems to have dwindled, certainly at the displays we have been to in recent years anyway, and it has been decades since anyone came round asking for a penny for the Guy.

Anyway, what ever you are up to have a fabulous evening and I leave you with this:

Remember, remember the 5th of November
The gunpowder, treason and plot
I know of no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot.

Comments

  1. Anonymous1:00 pm

    Guy Fawkes Night- Doggy style!!!!!!

    dancin, you are inviting all kinds off wrong comments with a blog title like that. However, being the gentleman that I am I will bite my tongue and say I am very glad you had a top firework night.

    Love ya

    T-bone x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure