All Things Blue

I am a big fan of poetry, both writing and reading, and given my recent blue obscession thought I would seek out a blue poem. Poetry is very subjective and often when I go searching for a new verse it takes me ages to find something that strikes a chord, not so tonight. On my second search I came across this lovely little piece! (Although I have to disagree with him slightly, for me roses yellow are best.)

Blue Roses - Rudyard Kipling

Roses red and roses white
Plucked I for my love's delight.
She would none of all my posies
Bade me gather her blue roses.

Half the world I wandered through,
Seeking where such flowers grew.
Half the world unto my quest
Answered me with laugh and jest.


Home I came at wintertide,
But my silly love had died
Seeking with her latest breath
Roses from the arms of Death.

It may be beyond the grave
She shall find what she would have.
Mine was but an idle quest 

Roses white and red are best!

Comments

  1. Hi Dancin'!! This was a melancholy blue poem, but I liked it! True, not too many blue roses out there ... but they would be beautiful, eh? My favorites are yellow, but I never met a rose that wasn't beautiful, esp if it smelled heady and heavenly! Roses without a scent are sad little babies!
    Just noticed a day or two ago that you'd gotten my holiday card. I'm glad you liked it. Now your birthday is coming up and I guess I'll post a birthday wish on your facebook ... I have sent out 4!!! BD cards this last few days and have been befuddled with working the two jobs still ... learning new computer stuff at both, which isn't so much fun when I'm 60. I sometimes like the status quo ... if I make changes, I'd like it to be at home and fun! but, alas, gotta do the time if you do the crime (of working 2 jobs at 60 - ha ha!) I keep wanting to post on my blog and I stare at it and my mind goes blank. So I decided 1st thing I'd do is post this to you, Sweetie xoxo Don't want to lose touch with my UK Bud! Rosebud! What is your favorite color?? We had tons of snow and in 20+ degrees below freezing ... and today it was 50 degrees and all is melting. And just a few days after I bought a beautiful DARK PURPLE winter coat with a hood with black and white faux fur around it! My favorite color...and bright magenta boots! My friend told me I wouldn't get lost in a snow storm or snowbank! ha ha! OK...you be cool, SisSTAR, and I'll catch ya on the flipside! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dancin' - am loving the new blue on your blog! Finally got back into the blog saddle after several months. Feels good to be back! I see you're getting very cultural what with poems - must be the influence of the Kindle. I can't believe you're reading so many books!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure