River Deep, Mountain High.

Greetings all! I have been camping and walking in Scotland for two glorious weeks and have loads of photos to prove it. (Just over 400.) We visited the Isle of Skye this year, an island we have not been to before, and spent our time travelling around the island and exploring. We are planning a sort of review of Skye to provide photos and details of our trip for friends and family which I will post later however in the meantime I cannot resist sharing one picture.

This was taken on day 3 halfway up one of the peaks of The Cuillins accessible from Sligachan. We are no rock climbers so our excursions are restricted to areas that can be walked and scrambled without ropes and harnesses however the views afforded, weather permitting, are just breathtaking, and the challenge is similar.

We reached the summit of 641m (a mere baby in mountain terms!) after a 3 hour walk. The cloud closed in on us at this point so photographs from the top were.......well pointless but we were given an occasional glimpse of the valley and surrounding peaks as the wind moved the cloud about.

Its been a wonderful holiday although now back home I am looking forward to getting stuck into the autumns programme of events! More soon on that. For now enjoy the view from the 'Druim na Ruaige'.

Comments

  1. That is an amazingly beautiful photograph. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:45 pm

    Makes you want to put it up somewhere that can be viewed daily, just to remind you of what is out there.
    Lovely picture and atmospheric also. Glad you are back and having enjoyed yourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Dancin Fool. I am excited to see all your new photos. I bet that trip was so refreshing to you. Thanks for your comments on my blog. I appreciate it. I do know the cattle and can't wait to see your pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing photo! Absolutely Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Three Collie! Thank you and you are welcome. The memory of the walk is strong and brings peace to my mind.

    Hello Bowledover! I will print you one off if you like, but just wait until you see the other 399!

    Hey Joni! It was such a wonderful trip! We were camping in our tent and after two weeks living outside I am finding the house a little airless! More photos soon!

    Hello L^2! There are a few blogs I visit who regularly display the most amazing photographs, yourself included. I am happy to be able to return the favour!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure