Highland Calf

Now before I start my explanation I must confess that I did not take this picture, this was taken by Michael MacGregor, I just bought the card!

We saw many highland cattle while in Scotland, and several youngsters however, they were very popular with tourists. There were several people just going over and standing next to them and loads of people taking pictures.

In light of this I didn't want to bother them further and just enjoyed looking from the path or road. However, I wanted a picture to show to Joni at My Piece of Heaven.

Joni and her husband live on a farm and she regularly posts beautiful photographs of their livestock and the multitude of other wildlife that inhabit their region. So from one wildlife lover to another check out this calf!

For those of you that may not be familiar with the breed, here is the grown up version! Not so cuddly now eh! (Image Credit EdinPhoto.)

Actually they are but you really wouldn't want to upset one with horns like that!

Ok I am not going to post anymore cow pictures for now but if you are interested in seeing of finding out more have a look at the Highland Cattle Society website.

Comments

  1. Boy that youngster looks like a big teddy bear! I know the Highlands regularly win photo contests. I can understand why even though we do not have any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I know he is very cuddly! If you have a moment have a look at the picture of the Highland Cow on the Highland Cattle Society website homepage, the big one in snow. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure