The Last Leg

Don't be worried by the title, that's not 'on my last legs'! I was going to call this post 'The Final Countdown' but I can't stand that song and it just didn't seem right to put that at the top of the post and therefore set off the song in my head every time I saw it. I also don't want to pass the song onto anyone else that shares my feelings for it! (Apologies to anyone who likes it!)

So 7 days until my departure to Scotland and I am drawing up my final to do list for the trip and buying in the last of the supplies I may need.

Here's my planned itinerary:

Day 1 (Saturday 8th March): Take the train to Scotland, pick up the hire car and make my way to my accommodation 'station 1' B & B. That's the day done, it's a long journey from here!

Day 2: Commence reconnaissance of route for survey to get a heads up. Make for the north coast to hopefully witness the aurora borealis.

Day 3: Commence work following client induction. At the end of the day drive to accommodation 'station 2' self catering cottage. Light fire, phone my fella, put tea on, eat tea, plug in PC and check emails and blogs!

Days 4 - 10: Complete survey of working area and marvel at the beauty of the Highlands!

Days 10 - 11: Depart and head south.

I have my cottage booked. It looks lovely and is in the Glen. There are log burners and all utilities.

I can get a delivery of food there for the day I arrive via an online order, and they do have a chef service if I feel lazy! And it's still cheaper than a hotel!

Next week, work is going to be....well lets not go there! I also have some supplies to buy: spare waterproofs and boots, batteries for head torch, walking food and canteens, that kind of stuff, and a large Tesco's supermarket order to place, to be delivered to the third cottage on the right, somewhere bloomin' fabulous, Scotland!

(Big wo-hoo! Homer Simpson style!)

I have posted this picture before but I thought it could stand up to a repeat performance. It's one of my favourite pictures of my fella in Scotland.

Comments

  1. Thanks for your great comment. I've had a look at two of your blogs and your output is impressive.

    I'm impressed by the way you use a camera, too.

    Have a great holiday in Scotland. Tell us all about it ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have a nice trip planned. Hope you have a great time in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:19 am

    Busy you are says the dark side and even busier you will be.
    Have a wonderfull time in Scotland and may the weather be good to you.
    Wonderfull picture, I think I can see Mojo's collar in the shadows.Bowledover

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are going to enjoy you Scotland trip... I do hope it goes well and the lights in the sky shine for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. David - Thank you! I anticipate many good photo opportunities in Scotland!

    Lady Banana - I really cannot wait, it is going to be like a holiday with fitness training!

    L^2 - Thank you, I am very excited about the trip, only 2 days to go!

    Bowledover - Thank you! I think you are right about the picture, they were never too far away!

    Tom - Thank you, I hope that Sky Watch Friday next week will be a picture of the lights but there is no guarantee I will see them. Always worth a look though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure