The Worm That Turned

Do you know it's funny. I have been planning to come here all day to have a rant. It's been sometime since I have blogged, just normal life stuff taking priority, and I had in fact recently realised that my blogging habits would have to change for a while to fit everything in. It seemed ok, I think blogging can come in stages anyway.

However, today I really wanted to come here and air a grievance. There is some stuff kicking off that's not too pleasant and I knew venting here would help. I know it might not make great reading for anyone else but I think blogging is sometimes primarily about self anyway. Expressing yourself in many ways and then through other peoples blogs and kind comments realising, or remembering, that you are not on your own.

I do try not to blog about grim things here but this time I am going to vent. Anyway I digress. The funny bit is just coming here has lifted my mood so much, and remembering 'The Worm That Turned' (which is probably not an appropriate title for this post but what the heck) just made me smile for the first time this afternoon/ evening.

(For those that do not know it is the name of a sketch on a regular comedy show I watched while growing up by the Two Ronnies.)

So here's the rant: what is going on with the world and when is it going to stop? I am sure everyone is feeling the pinch with the current economical issues however it has finally reached me in a way I am uncomfortable with.

Our director announced yesterday that due to the current economic climate and subsequent downturn in work our company would be making 12 redundancies at my office. I am lucky enough to belong to a department that is not going to be affected at this time however 12 people from other departments, that I know well and work with, and certainly one of my friends, is for the chop.

It has made for a sobering week at work. I am so busy my head is spinning and all around me other people are facing sudden unemployment.

I know I need say no more. Recent events are affecting so many people, and my sympathies are with everyone that it has an impact on. Where is it going to end?

Ok rant over. It was a lot more ranty in my head on the way home but airing grievance alone can begin the healing process.

Comments

  1. I totally get you. My company is going to eliminate jobs at the end of the year too. Yep, Merry Christmas. I feel very badly for a lot of people right now. And I worry for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bud! Good to hear from you. I hope that your job is safe? It is such a hard time for so many people but I have to say the guys at are place are being amazing about it all. I am sure they all want to shout and scream but they all seem to be looking for the positive side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pinky Dancin' Fool! Glad you stopped by my blog today! I've checked yours often but have been patient ;oD
    I understand, I really do, and it is good to rant here so as not to fly off the handle at others, esp those with "power" over others and the unbalancing act of losing jobs while others grow fat and rich buying up the spoils (lost homes, stocks, whatever!)
    I attended 1st of a 4 part program at our local library on The Great Depression (great?) and I started right off crying, knowing my parents and so many others went through it. I listened to others tell their stories and finally, the last one to speak, I told of how my husband came from rural Appalachia where his father was a coalminer in the old pick and shovel days and that they had no running water and there were many large open seams in their walls you could see through, no plumbing, bussed off the mountain to schools, being so poor. I said, yes, the Depression did tinge other generations whose folks were harmed in some way by such poverty and passed the need for "thrift" down, that I didn't have a cell phone, have a phone hooked to the wall, no microwave, no dishwasher, two 1994 vehicles hanging in there. Best way I know to prepare for economic "fear" being shoved down our throats is to do our best to need less, want less, be happy with simpler things. @;@ (deer in the headlights eyes lookin' at me - ha!) There's always some way to help ourselves and others ... the best being not to be afraid, which seems to be what we are being handed, and I keep wondering, "Who is 'really' doing all this bullshit?" There's some deep manipulative shit going on, I believe. So...there's my rant for the moment! Now I need to go watch Cyndi Lauper, who I've loved since she put out True Colors in the '80s. Bye bye, Buddy ... give the poochies a pat for me.
    From your SisSTAR Kylita xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey SisSTAR Kylita! Thank you for your wonderful comment and please always feel free to rant here. I have missed you and am glad to be back blogging.

    The pooches have been patted from you and appreciated it! They are currently dozing on the couch and wondering when I am going to go to bed and leave them to bag some zzzzs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure