Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

Well it really is starting to feel like Christmas now and parts of the UK have snow. We do not but I am praying!! We got our Christmas decorations in from the garage today, they are not up yet. We had a massive house clean this morning, the full monty, wiping down all paint works and skirting boards and after that did not quite have the energy for the decorations.

We also remembered we threw out our old tree last year as it has seen better days and had begun to fall apart. We usually go for an artificial tree as the dropping needles from a real one get in the dogs paws. So a replacement tree is needed before we proceed. The house looks lovely though!

Is is amazing how much muck comes off dogs when they shake, no matter how clean you think you got them!!

We did however have a quick play of our Christmas Playlist! We have all of our music on the PC and make our own playlists to listen to. A few years ago we downloaded all of our favourite Christmas tracks and made our own playlist for the festive period. It's got everything on it from I Saw Three Ships to The Fairy Tale of New York and there are some fabulous songs from the likes of Bing Crosby and Dean Martin.

As soon as I start to feel the festive mood I always get Let it Snow by Dean Martin in my head!

This evening though I have turned to a recent musical obsession of mine, no not Porcupine Tree - they are a life long musical obsession, this one is Neil Young. I have been a growing Neil Young fan for years however it has taken me sometime to get used to his unique style and voice. I finally realised the other day that I love his music, all of it! Since then I am listening to him only....well interspersed with a little Porcupine Tree of course!

(Got tickets for Porcupine Trees next UK gig in October 2009!!!! Wo-hoo!)

I thought I would share some Neil on my blog, it's hard to pick just one song but this one comes into my head with more regularity than the rest at present. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure