The Magic of Film

Visiting the cinema last night to see the new Star Trek Film reminded us of how many great films there are out at the moment, or coming out in the next few weeks. I love film and would like to go to the cinema much more frequently but now we tend to save it for films that really benefit from being seen on the big screen, such as science fiction movies.

There are however at least three films I would like to see on the big screen within the next few weeks.

I have just watched Night at the Museum again on the TV and the sequel is currently at the cinema which I want to see. I really enjoyed the first film, which for anyone that doesn't know is about a night watchman at The Natural History Museum in New York who gets a surprise on his first night when he discovers that all of the displays and occupants come to life for the duration of the night.

Its a lovely film full of adventure and magic, it reminds me of Jumanji, another story with a very similar feel that I can watch over and over again.

I also really want to see Angels and Demons which is out at the moment. I read the book a few years back and thoroughly enjoyed it. As it is set predominantly in Rome and focuses on many of the historic buildings I think it is a must for the big screen.

I am hoping to be impressed with the film in terms of the interpretation of the story and am hopeful that Ewan McGregor can produce a worthy performance in his portrayal of the character Camerlengo Patrick McKenna.

A few weeks back I went to see Monsters Vs Aliens 3D at the cinema with my sister and nephew, and excellent movie by the way, but while we were there we saw a trailer for another 3D children's movie called Coraline.

It looked quite dark for a children's film but was intriguing. The animation was excellent and I think would really suit 3D and I am hoping I get to go to that.


Wolverine is also out, detailing the background of the X-Men character and I think that would be a good one for the cinema.

Finally the new Harry Potter movie is out next month. I have not read any of the Potter books, I had a go but did not get on with them, however I have enjoyed the films although I know I am missing out on a lot of additional details to the story in it's entirety.

I do not expect I will get to see them all but will do my best!

Image Credits:
www.sodahead.com/.../
http://www.screenrush.co.uk/film/galerievignette_gen_cfilm=109640.html
http://www.beyondhollywood.com/ayelet-zurer-is-vittoria-vetra-in-angels-and-demons/
http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo63/film2009/angels-demons-Carlo-Ventresca.jpg
http://angels-and-demons--trailer.blogspot.com/2008/06/angels-and-demons-pictures.html

Comments

  1. nice blog and lots of stuff here.......

    http://bollywoodsprings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and thank you! I am poppong over to your place now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok came to visit but there is no where to comment, nice choice of girlies though and great last picture of Sarah Jessica Parker, I still can't believe she is married to Matthew Broderick, an odd pearing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you're a tree person. I so truly love them. I have a very old McIntosh apple tree my dad planted and the crotch of that great tree is a favorite sitting spot for me...no matter how old I get, I'll always climb up there, esp when it's apple blossom time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kyle! Your tree sounds lovely. When I am working I try and have my lunch up a tree if possible, it's a great place to sit and you always get a better view!

    There is a lovely elm tree on a site in Dover that I visit and I climb it when I am there. It's a favourite spot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure