Sky Watch Friday # 44 - Fully Laden


We have had some very impressive clouds about over the past few weeks. There has been lots of rain in 'storm form'! I have seen a lot of it from the view point of my truck but not had an opportunity to get too many snaps.

This was a lunchtime walk with the pups. We walked over fields and into a valley overlooking broadleaf woodland and watched the darkest clouds roll in. The walk back to the truck was a little wet but they don't mind and neither do I. I have my waterproof, they have their thick coats and 'devil may care' attitude to the outdoors. Every walk is to be enjoyed to the full with total exploration of the landscape, come rain or shine, puddles or mud, or sheep poo.

I am planning a good field walk for this evening. There is a lovely set of fields nearby with wide grass rides around the outside so you can pick different routes. Buddy runs until he drops. I tried to get him to rest on the way back last time but he couldn't sit still.

Roxy sprints for the first 10 minutes and then enjoys a more leisurely pace.

To join Sky Watch or see other participants click here

Comments

  1. Gorgeous! Hey, that looks a lot like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, tha is a really impressive sky with the luminous as well as the coloured, ore diffuse clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent shot, gorgeous sky! Doesn't get any better!

    Happy SWF!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shot, I love the brightness of the storm top against the greyness of its base, thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:57 pm

    A little more and it explodes, huh?
    Cool catch!
    Cheers, Klaus

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is this: Ooooohhh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just looked back at your recent posts and you certainly have a way with clouds! This shot is wonderful!
    Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heavenly. This is how I imagine heaven would be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great clouds.
    nice job with the photo

    Come visit 'Prairie Barrens' under a hot sky, Click here.
    Troy and Martha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I understand the storms... we have had so many here as well!!
    A beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is indeed an impressive shot of the clouds!

    I hope you have or already had a good field walk and I wish you a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning view!!! Love your header too ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  13. I finally twigged your are a cloud fanatic. Who can blame you with this dramatic capture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I see clouds like this where I live, too. Generally it's not long before they turn to thunder & lightning..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely clouds. We've had way too much rain here this year too. Hope you enjoy your walk!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous3:11 am

    Wow, that is a wonderful photo of the sky! Thanks for sharing. Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cloud shot. Makes me want to make sure I have my unbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've seen these same clouds here lately with rain we needed so much. They are beautiful as is your photo, but esp what you write. I wanted to be sure to let you know how much I appreciated the words you left for me, I read them just now after 2 a.m. Friday and the tears just flowed. You touched my heart, DF, and I love you for it. Blessings to you and the puppies. Enjoy your walking.
    KLH-"keep laughin' honey!"

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a remarkable cloud formation. I love the back lighting. Very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great shot;-) and there`s nothing like a walk in the rain..

    Nice weekend to you;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful cloud formation you have captured.
    Wet or not all in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice Skywatch picture, well composed and very sharp, Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Magnificent photo. Those clouds look really threatening. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  24. One of these days I'll figure out how to join Sky Watch Friday ... I'm a late bloomer ;oD
    Hope you are doing well...just waiting for those posts of your Wales camping trip, eh? Maybe you're still camping?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure