Camera Critters 7 # Lapwing

I visited the local reservoir again yesterday to enjoy the strong winds we had by the waters edge, and to see how many birds were there still. There were not many! However these little chaps seem to be there all year round.

They are so graceful in flight and remind me of bats. They are however shy and I had to try and sneak up on them to get some shots.

The pictures in flight were taken with my big lens without tripod on multi exposure setting.

I took just short of 200 shots in all and probably only got about 10 that were good and in focus however it was worth the effort, and thanks to the joys of digital photography an extravagance that I can afford.

I had a few more to post but have had trouble all day uploading pictures and am just happy to have managed these two! I hope to be abot to upload a few more the next time!

To join in or see other participants in Camera Critters click here!

Comments

  1. Great photos of the Lapwing. They are pretty birds. After reading your post I had to look them up in my birders field guide. Thanks for sharing your critter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! You are welcome, it was a lovely afternoon out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure