The Library

I went to the library in my local town today to return some books and get some new ones out. I tend to get 4-5 out in one go, dependant on what catches my eye, but I always return them as I read them so that someone else has the chance to take them out and also for the experience of visiting. It is such a peaceful and quiet place and despite my recent decision to get a Kindle at some point I will never loose my love of being around books.

I like to wonder round and view the shelves, searching for a title or cover that attracts me, and I came away today with some great books. I got the next Giles Brandreth mystery book featuring Oscar Wilde, and two books by Ian Mortimer AKA James Forrester, centred around the Middle Ages which is a favourite historical period of mine.

Its an odd time. I always fantasise myself living happily in that period given the simplicity of life but from reading about it know that the reality was quite a different story and I would have been lucky to survive to adulthood given the disease and poverty.

I am currently reading Stieg Larsson's trilogy The Girl With/ Who, and a Sci Fi book I got free on Kindle called The Honour of the Knights by Stephen J Sweeney. I don't usually read two books at the same time and will probably default to one or the other once I have bonded with the characters.

It has been a great year for reading though and I have nearly read more books this year so far than I read last year in total.

Mr Dancin in reading The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett at the moment which I read last year and loved. Its great to get a summary of where he is in the book when he finishes a reading stint and remember with fondness the plot and characters.

Well who knows where I would have waffled onto but Mr Dancin has just arrived home so there's tea to be served! Happy Friday Bloggers! The weekend is finally here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure