Dream State

I have had a very odd day today all as a result of my dreams. My dreams have been very vivid for a few weeks now and not too pleasant either, all typically symptomatic of things playing on my mind, nothing too serious but enough to cause a few nightmares. However, last night I was taken back to some old feelings that were so real they have haunted me all day and I have not been able to shift the resultant mood. 

The dream has all but faded with only a couple of images clear in my mind but the feeling is so close still I could weep.

How amazing that dreams can have such a strong effect. I expect that tomorrow, following another nights sleep, this will all be a distant memory but in the here and now I could be consumed by the feeling the remnant dream memory still evokes.

On a more positive note this is the first blog post I have made for sometime, having recently been deliberating on whether to delete my blog or not, and it is so good to be back. I have also changed the look of my blog to suit me. I have favoured this blog format for some time however resisted keeping it as I was advised it is not too user friendly however as visitors are few these days I am going to have it the way I want it and just enjoy it. And....this year marks 10 years of In The Pink! How can that possibly be?!

Image Credit: This is a card my Mum sent me that instantly reminded me of sleeping and dreaming. It is called 'Fly stool, to the palace of rajah Indra' (Illustration by Kate Bayley)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure