Being Left Behind

I have begun to feel a bit left behind of late, in terms of my PC.

I have noticed since the development of social networking sites that Blogging is being superceded by Twitter and the likes and utilising an online function on my blog seems to be harder and harder.

I don't think Twitter is for me and love Blogging however the most recent insult seems to have come from You Tube which in the last few days (unless I am being very stupid) no longer gives you the option to embed a video on your blog and does not show Blogger on the sharing option.

I was going to post a song by a rock band I like called Tool, its a hard, angry style of rock that suits both good and bad moods and I was looking forward to sharing it however I no longer can. I can still post a link to You Tube but its not as convenient for me or visitors who may be tempted to watch a video and listen to a song.

I have only been blogging for four years and my method of global communication is already out of date! The new Blogger in Draft, which by the way has kindly provided me with my new blog templates, now offers photo uploading from online web albums or URL's which I do not use out of preference! You can upload from your PC but it takes three times as long, (not an exaggeration, in fact and understatement) often does not work, and the upload from your PC is hidden in the upload from a web album/ URL option.

Ok I know I am over reacting and there are literally millions of bloggers out there. It makes little difference anyway as I will continue with my blog, and blogging companions, no matter what but I can't help wondering if one day I will try to log on to receive a message that says 'This service is no longer available, please go elsewhere.'

Blimey maybe I am getting old and this how everything feels!!! I am going to go and listen to Tool, very loud! If you are a fan of loud and slightly dirty rock go and check them out on You Tube! And if anyone reading this knows I am being stupid about You Tube and feels like being kind please feel free to advise me accordingly.

Image Credit: Social Networking Sites

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:07 pm

    Hi Dancin,

    Yeah seems your right...how annoying!!
    Nothing stays the same now for very long.
    Technology is great but unfortunately it is constantly moving. Doesn't take long to get left behind.
    Part of me really likes the computer age but another part of me wishes things were a bit more like they used to be before we all had computers in our homes.
    Recently I upgraded my mobile phone contract as I don't have a land line and seeing as I use Apple computers it seemed logical to get an Iphone (especially as you don't have to buy them anymore)
    so now with this thing I can send and receive texts, any e-mail that is sent to my e-mail address is instantly flagged up on the phone and of course I can reply to e-mails direct from the phone, I can also access the internet at anytime and from any place (assuming I can get a signal) oh yeah and I can also make and receive telephone calls!!!
    The technology involved in all this is amazing no doubt but I can't help feeling it's all a bit over the top.......seems like you can never be on your own anymore....unless you leave the thing at home which I quite often do!!
    So anyway I will text, e-mail or phone you soon to arrange a visit!!
    byeeeeee

    T-bone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Dancin' ... I always enjoyed your You Tube videos and myself could never figure out how you did it, but I'd put a link to get one to the video I wanted, which wasn't as nice as the way you did it. Does it still work that way at least? I was on Facebook and it just wasn't as good for me as my blog and too much! interaction with too many people about stupid stuff. Hard to get anything of substance going on there, so I had to manually! delete every single thing in mine, hoping that somewhere in facebook-land it is still stored for others to post by google (as there are when I googled my own name, my "Mom and Dad'isms" post came up on my blog!) Also...since your template changed on your blog, it takes quite awhile for me to get onto your blog. I don't know why that is but so far yours is the only one that stalls awhile before it will let me view your new post or move the screen at all. Just wanted to let you know that. I'm too sleepy to listen to Tool right now, but just for you, I'll seek one out soon and have a listen and be PO'd at how fast and rapid and furious technology is happening and, worst yet, cramming it into everyone's brain that WE should also be that way or "eat its dust". I will keep blogging and hope it doesn't become obsolete. I love your blog and hope to keep reading you well into the future!
    Sending love and good wishes. Have been reading a book (very slowly-ha!) called "Slowness" that touches greatly on how time speeded up is affecting so many. Taking me years to read it - ha ha!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey T-Bone! I was wrong! The embed button is now underneath vidoes!

    An IPhone! Blimey!

    Hope to see you soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kyle! Well I should have looked closer! I was wrong! But I was also in a bad mood and blinded by it it seems!

    Love and hugs to you bud. Enjoy the book, I could do with some slowness! Time to chill out a bit me thinks!

    P.S. Thanks for tip about my blog template, I think I will change it back, slow blogs are a pain. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure