Beacon Hill Wood Fair

Mr Dancin and I visited Beacon Hill Wood Fair at the weekend with Mr Dancin's parents. It was a great day.

I took lots of pictures to blog as there were so many amazing wood crafts there. We could have spent lots of money on everything from candle holders to furniture to log cabins!

Anyway here are some of my images starting with a magnificent Golden Eagle. I have to say I hate to see the birds in captivity and on perches but felt privileged to be able to see this fabulous bird up close.

We are going to another fair this weekend with my family and I look forward to another very enjoyable day out.

Comments

  1. While I agree about captive animals and birds. I have seen at first hand the wonderful relationship that can be had, between handler and birds of Prey.
    Reading the relationship indicates that the handler is the first to know when anything is amiss.
    However down in Wiltshire, a vulture has made a break for freedom. I dare say its handler is concerned.
    Aircrew have been alerted as the vulture can gain amazing heights of flight.
    Looking forward to seeing you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Only 2 days to go! Thank you for your comment, you are right and having displays like this is good for the bird species as the handlers provide information about them and dispel myths, I guess it was just the Golden Eagle that really got to me, to be a bird like that and not flying free seems wrong.

    I heard about the vulture and would love to see it! I also heard that on Salisbury Plane they have successfully bread Bustards again which are supposed to have the largest wing span of any bird in the country. Now they would be a sight!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure