Keep Good Company

I met this soul on Friday while at work. He/ she (I am a little ashamed to say I did not look to check!) kept me company while I surveyed the trees in the field.

Horses are very good company. I have spent a lot of time with horses over the years, mucking out, fussing and a little riding. They are incredibly intelligent, (as all animals are) and without exception love to be told they are beautiful!

I have been kicked, bitten, head-butted, stood on, thrown while riding and lifted off the ground and chucked against a wall by horses, the last of which was all over a packet of polos, and I never tire of their amazing company.

Spotty here followed me around, gave me a nuzzle and undid the zip on my fleece coat, all in search of something to eat I am sure, but the experience lifted my spirits and made my day.

There is something very special about moments shared with animals, and I am sorry for anyone who does not have that opportunity.

Comments

  1. I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post, Dancin'! I married a Horse (ha! Husband born Eastern Year of the Horse ;oD) Wish I could have more experiences with them ... they are very awesome animals. We got dumped on good with 6" of snow over ice and 9 degrees F today!! Tuffy is smart enough to not stay out too long right now, tho we did re-do his shelter so he'd have someplace to get semi-warm. Oh...and he's here now saying "meow" to you!! (True fact!)
    The Hallelujah Chorus email/post was great, wasn't it? I sent it to everyone and posted it on blogger and facebook. Yes, I sat there watching, listening and crying! I was always in choir in school and was 1st soprano on that 8-part harmony and just can't reach those very high notes any more. I always loved singing that. Look fwd to sending you a bona fide real paper Christmas card soon! Unsure of how long mail takes to get there, but hopefully before the new year, which I coined so far as "Heaven in 2011" - it is soon the Eastern Year of the Metal Rabbit (Me!) so I am looking fwd to it. Takes 12 yrs to have your sign return, and this one is 60 years to have your sign with the proper "element, ie metal" to return. Hope for lots of peace, love and happiness! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the limitation on their communication skills, they use what ever they have.
    I think animals do wonderfully well at making them selves understood.
    Mind it requires one like you who is perceptive to the communication.
    I see some one staring at the treats cupboard.
    Glad you had such good company.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure