What You Gonna Do Today?

Last night we were watching an episode of Scrubs and they played a Del Amitri song in the background. It was at the end of the episode and inspired me to put some Del Amitri on, one of my favourite bands. We ended up having Del Amitri on all evening and I sang my head off! It was great. We usually listen to our music on playlists these days and although I love the random/ duke box quality to it sometimes its just good to listen to someone you really love all night.

Anyway I have just been visiting with Scottish Nature Boy over at Breath in and out, now repeat for as long as possible, and in addition to posting some lovely shots of the Lunar Eclipse, that I recommend you go and see, he also posted a fabulous You Tube clip of Floyd at Earls Court in '94 playing Dark Side of the Moon. I saw Floyd on that tour and it brought back some amazing memories, as a result I predict a Floyd day today, in celebration of their awesome music! And I am going to start with this! Join me?




d out. Now repeat for as long as possible

Comments

  1. Oh come on Dancin', I'm supposed to be working and you keep putting out tasty distractions like Floyd. I'll never get anything done at this rate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know can you believe the whole concert is on You Tube! I have however ordered it on DVD. Seeing the clip brought it back how amazing it had been, not just being in the same room as Pink Floyd....well room is a bit of a stretch but you know what I mean, and hearing amazing music and my favourite tracks but their amazing light shows which are so atmospheric! Next time we get together we must watch it. Have a top day bud, only 3 days to go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks Dancin' - that's very kind. And I do love old Del Amitri too - I thought they never achieved the popularity and success that they deserved. Another band I never saw live (thank goodness for Youtube!). Justin Currie is a truely talented songwriter and performer. I noticed that he's on the road just now. I think he has a gig coming up in Glasgow soon. Cheers, SNB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey SD! It arrived today and had its first viewing this afternoon! AWESOME!!!! Moved me it did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Scotty! Ooh I will keep my eye out for Justin Currie touring, he is amazing and I love the way he develops his melodies and harmonies, even his little vocal fill ins are genius!

    I have seen them live quite a few years back however I am afraid to say I was very excited and a little squiffy and so remember how much I enjoyed it but not too many details of the night!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure