Monday, Monday

It was an odd week last week; death featured heavily and after the sad departure from this world of several famous people as mentioned I also learned of the death of an old friend which spun me a bit. I wrote a few draft posts about it but I am not going to put them up. I do find that blogging, I suppose the same as keeping a diary, is therapeutic sometimes and just the act of writing something down and voicing your thoughts and feelings can answer your needs without then wanting to share them with the world.

Anyway, the week finished on a high note with some promising news on the job front. I was laid off from work before Christmas and have been trying to sort something out. I now have a couple of jobs that look good and another interview for later in the month.

Finally my parents made a last minute visit to see us this weekend and we had a lovely evening of chatter and music last night.

One thing about being out of work is the joy of Monday mornings at your own pace. Ok so I have a lot to do today but I got to start the day when I wanted, well actually when the dogs wanted but they are generous and do not disturb us until a fairly reasonable hour!

So I now find myself sitting here with my second cup of tea, having checked emails, free to take a moment to post on my blog. Would that all Mondays started in this manner!

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:18 am

    Good morning dancin,

    Glad you are having a chilled-out Monday morning.
    Yes wouldn't it be nice to be able to work at our own pace and be a little more in control of what we are doing. I actually really enjoy my work but it would be even better if I could chose the times when it felt best to work. I guess the danger is becoming too chilled and not actually doing any work at all I suppose!!
    The point is though I personally am not very effective first thing in the morning and probably work best between say midday and 8 in the evening.
    Anyway happy monday to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dancin' Thank you too, we really enjoyed our lovely visit and a big thank you for the trip to the Bramble Patch.
    Spoils abound.
    Hugs to the pups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, sorry to hear about the redundancy - I didn't know! But the future sounds hopeful and knowing you it won't be long before you're back on track. Thanks for the great company and good wine over New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Monday T-Bone! Thanks for your message. I'll buzz you later for a chat but in the meantime hope you are really good? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Bowledover! It was such a lovely visit. I am well into planning my craft project which I will tell you about next time we meet up. Hugs back from us four. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sensory Dragon! Thanks for your visit! We did not want to share any bad news and cause worry over Christmas so did not mention it but things will be back on track soon, you are right. Its a new year and I am feeling positive, although messages from family and friends always help a great deal. Have a great day bud and hope to see you soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure