The Piano

Tomorrow night I am going to play the piano!!!! I do not have one at present and although I have been kindly offered an organ it is specifically the sound of the piano that I love. (Plus in our current house we have room for neither a piano or an organ!) I had one for rent for a while and was working on the two following pieces by Michael Nyman. The film The Piano may be the only movie I have seen and preferred to the book.

The performances were amazing. I found the scenes between Holly Hunter and Harvey Keitel to be incredibly passionate and moving and I hated Sam Neill for years as a result of his performance as the frustrated and jealous husband, although I sympathised with him somewhat.

But the music was what made the film for me.

Anyway I bought the music score for the film and will be off down to our church tomorrow night to get my eager little fingers on their piano for an hour or two, hopefully as a weekly event, to remind myself of what I had learned of these pieces and begin to improve them and learn the rest.

I have also been working on a Nina Simone track which I may have a quick blast at! I am so excited!!!!

Comments

  1. That's brilliant! Hope you enjoy tickling the ol' ivories again. Makes me want to rush upstairs and get on the keyboard....I have to get past the Lord of the Rings on to something new soon! Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do! Actually we recently watched the Fellowship and every time I hear the Hobbit music now I think of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CooL! My wife is plonking away on her piano as I type here! Enjoy..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Scotty! It is such a beautiful instrument! I had a brilliant time and can't wait for my next practice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:37 pm

    Glad you are having fun with the piano Dancin, such a great instrument!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a blast T-Bone and played for an hour and a half, could have stayed all night! It was so lovely playing in a beautiful church all alone too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure