Shake The Disease

Well I am very happy to say this sun is shining and the birds are singing again this morning however I did not wake up in a fabulous mood! I had a trying afternoon yesterday and a bit of a wierd nights sleep culminating in a dream about my paternal grandmother who sadly died about 10 years ago now.

Although it was lovely to spend some time with her again, albeit in a dream, I woke up feeling very sad.

I have always really treasured time spent in dreams with people who are nolonger with us. It is as close to sharing time with them as you are going to get, but it can also unlock emotions either un dealt with or buried deep.

Anyway, I refuse to let yesterdays events and last nights dreams impact on this day in a negative way and so with the help of two buckets of tea (bucket is only a slight exageration, I have a wonderful and huge breakfast mug) and a long walk outside in the fabulous company of the pups, the birds, the sunshine and the ever encroaching Spring I am sure I can shake this downer off.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the nice way to wake up my day ... it is sunny here also and I look fwd to hearing some birds singing ... Jeff is going out now to feed lots of them.
    I absolutely loved this Blue Skies and was even wondering if it wasn't you, perhaps? It was lovely. I love singing that song often, too, esp when I'm on the riding lawnmower ;oD I hope you have cheered up from your dream of your grandmother ... I know what you mean, sometimes those dreams are so welcoming and other times you wake up a bit sad ... it is still like a visit nevertheless. Nearly everyone in my family and a lot of ancestors died in the month of March, including my paternal grandfather who died 3/17/1918!! Waiting for him to visit me in a dream someday ;oD The pups' photos are great, they are so beautiful. Thank you also for your post on my blog and sharing some of your childhood toys with me. Made me feel like my post was useful.
    Better get a move on now and make some oatmeal and toast and tea before I get ready for the day at work. I am meeting an old school friend who I haven't seen in 40 yrs after work and a coffee shop nearby...how strange that will be! He's expecting the old gorgeous me but if you've ever seen the Quaker Oat's guy, that's me now - ha ha!
    Love sent to you.........and to Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Honey! Glad you liked the clip and I wish it was me but sadly not. She has some voice though doesn't she!!

    How did it go with your old school friend? I hope you had a good time?

    I am having lots of wierd and strong dreams this week, I think my brain is trying to tell me something and gettig frustrated as I am clearly not listening!!!

    Have a top day Honey! Biggest love and hugs xxx xxx xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure