The Kelpies

I came across these amazing sculptures via a blog post by This I Do for Sky Watch Friday and had to share them. They are 30m high sculptures created by Andy Scott to acknowledge and horses that worked for many years on the adjacent canal and took 8 years to construct. I find them absolutely stunning. The name Kelpies relates to the mythological beast, a shape-changing aquatic spirit said to haunt rivers or streams usually in the shape of a horse, and possessing the strength of 100 horses. I do so love blogging, I always learn something and enjoy exploring and sharing our amazing planet. 


Image Credit BBC

Today I have learned what Kelpies are, who Andy Scott is (the most amazing sculptor) and added somewhere to my list of places to visit.

Comments

  1. These are utterly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't believe I hadn't heard of them before, there is so much movement in them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure