Before its time yet timeless...

Radio 6 has just played the theme from Bladerunner by Vangelis (ooh and is following it up with Albert King, good call Huey) and it was so good to hear it. I got that soundtrack when it came out in the early 80's and it has remained a favourite since. I also had a tape recording of it with a couple of different versions of songs, the ones I know were different are Memories of Green and One More Kiss Dear, and I have long been meaning to track down this version on CD as both alternatives are superior in my opinion.

Anyway, I thought I would see what Vangelis was unto and what do you know but he has a new album coming out in September this year. Fabulous! Its called Rosetta and comes out on 23rd September. I may have to check that out.

In the meantime here is my favourite Vangelis track ever, heartbreakingly beautiful!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure