New Walk

I came across a new walk round the village last week that incorporates an area of open space I had not found yet and it is beautiful. There is a small hill to get up there which stretches the lungs and legs a little and the views are amazing. 

I didnt take photos of the urban areas that start and complete the walk, although they are lovely and interesting.


There are actually three paths that go through the park area, I took this one first by mistake and doubled back when it started to take me down towards the estate to the east as I was heading south and then west again to home.



This is the view to the east further along, looking towards England and below is the view southwest up the Vale of Llangollen and to the mountains.


This is the view of the middle path that I took across the park.


And then again the view south west heading towards the woodland and the old railway line.


A foot bridge crosses the old railway line which closed around the 1960's. The view below along the old track has become overgrown and obscured by trees however I like it. Nature has taken it back and   despite the restricted view it is a beautiful and peaceful vantage point.


After the railway bridge the path descends into formal open space through an area of old cottages. We are still high enough up to have a good view and strong breeze. I predict many family trips here flying the kite in years to come.


The walk only takes 40 minutes at a leisurely pace but in my current condition is ample and gets me out of the house to stretch my legs and stop thinking about work. My maternity leave starts next week but I plan to keep the walk up as a daily trip and look forward to visiting at different times of day for some good sunrise and sunset shots.

Comments

  1. Anonymous4:59 pm

    Beautiful photos!
    Cheers, Firasz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am your newest follower. I enjoyed the cyber tour of the area you haven't been to before. The skywatch photo you posted was totally awesome. What a find! You captured it perfectly. Have a nice week-end.
    JM, Illinois-U.S.A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks JM and welcome! Its lovely to have a new follower, happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure