The Other Side

I have spent too many hours over the past few weeks trying to maintain an Internet connection and then finding that when I can get on line my computer crashes every 5 minutes! It has been most frustrating. Sometimes I cannot get a connection all day but the next day it will be fine and with no explanation.

We have asked several technicians who also cannot explain the issue and similarly cannot tell us why our media player is faulty, despite several hours of conversations and upgrades instigated by Microsoft themselves.

I have a friend who uses a Mac and swears blind that all of our problems are Microsoft related. We have of course thought about switching but getting a Mac seems to fall into that category of something you have to save up for, even if it is worth it.

There are of course a whole heap of other operating systems available and my sister has recently switched to one I had not previously heard of and having gotten past initial differences is getting on brilliantly with it.

Does anyone have any advice or thoughts on this? My computer brings me so much joy and putting a day aside for computer usage only to be denied access for no apparent reason is frankly a pain in the butt!

Image Credit: NASA Image of the Day

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear you are been having computer problems. I've been having issues too. Actually I just blogged about this same topic recently. Some of the replies I received were interesting. My post about it is here - A Mac or a PC - if you would like to read it.

    Good luck with whatever you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey L^2! Thank you, I will pop over straight away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:25 pm

    Problem is - Mac's do have their share of problems as well. I know, having worked with both OS for a long time. If you do just the "normal" stuff - you be ok with either choice. If you like gaming, 3D, graphics and Video, PC is the only viable choice. The more professional you get the more obvious the choice becomes in software that is available. Regardless of the Mac hype - there's a reason why MAc's marketshare is way below 10%. And that are the limitations they have.
    Again - Standard applications you will fare well with a Mac, even graphics and video is on par with any PC. If you need more than that, PC stays on top.
    For your problem - it sounds like malware.
    Best course of action: Download Adaware + the latest definitions. Do not yet install. Disable System Restore, boot in safe mode. Install Adawre and apply the definitions. Make a thorough scan.
    That should find whatever is responsible.
    Give it a try - only cost you a little time.
    CHEERS, KLAUS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Klaus, thank you the advice and the information. I will give it a go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure