Ladies & Gentleman...



I started writing this post in my head lastnight on the way home from Birmingham. I often find myself composing blog posts in my head although few make it to my blog.

I wanted to say what a great pleasure it is to be able to add Mr BB King and John Mayall to my gig list after last nights amazing concert! It really was amazing aswell. John Mayall was fabulous and BB King is just the most wonderful performer and man. It was a very moving experience.



I am afraid though that the journey home was a sad and surreal experience for as we drove along singing BB Tunes in our head and grinning to ourselves we turned on the radio and heard the news that Michael Jackson had died just a few hours earlier.

I can't really put into words how I feel at the moment, like thoasands of people around the world I know. I just wanted to mark the events of lastnight here and leave it at that for now. My wish for Michael is, as it always has been, this; I wish you peace and joy. To me it appeared they were things he never seemed to find.









Comments

  1. BB King. So jealous. MJ sad news. I prefer to remember the Jackson 5 days, those songs real floor fillers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Babooshka, BB was great. Like the reviews said he doesn't play much but what he does play and sing is amazing, and he is a man I could listen to talk all night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to see BB .. but! John Mayall!!! He is so awesome also and when we saw him last time it was something like his 70th BD and he was super energetic, it put me to shame! Loved your moon photo also.
    Death comes to us one and all and sadness goes with it. My feeling is that he hopefully is no longer suffering as it seems he did so much on Mother Earth re: Michael. I feel sad for his siblings as I know what it was like to have my only brother die.
    p.s. I liked what I think was your dad's cryptic thank you ;oD
    Love,
    SisSTAR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kyle! Thank you for your lovely comment. I found comfort in your words. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. DF, I've never been a fan of Michael Jackson, but I just took the time to watch the Earth Song that you posted and it was very poignant and has me crying. Thank you for that video.
    I bet Wales is beautiful. My ancestors were from there, and England, so I've been told. Last name is Haswell, which I've found a town called that in Great Britain somewhere way far north, I think. Glad you got to camp with the dogs and have some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kyle, I am so glad you watched Earth Song, I love that track and it moves me every time.

    I used to live near Haswell, its in County Durham and we lived there for 5 years, it's a beautiful part of the country and I miss it a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure