Fathers Day

I have a lot to thank my family for. I am lucky to be able to say that I have always enjoyed a close relationship with all of my family: my Mum is an angel, I am grateful that we share many dreams, talents and wishes and I strive to be as good a soul as she is, my Sister and I have enjoyed a wonderfully close relationship for most of our years...except a few years as young children when we fought, I was a pain as a younger sister but very soon we developed a close bond which I deeply treasure and she is an amazing woman and dedicated mother who inspires me to this day.

My Father has always been a hero figure to me, he is honest, strong, wise and very funny, and is a handsome devil. See, I told you!

So today I would like to pay tribute to my father by posting some songs for him. As regular visitors will know I love music, I think I would have always been a big music fan thanks to my parents genes!

However I owe my good taste in music to my family who started me out on a good track, encouraged me to play instruments, and to this day share their new descoveries with me.

There is nothing that compares with family. Despite any ups and downs that there may be there should be no one else who knows you as well, or loves you as dearly. Although I am not sure how my Dad will feel about me posting that picture! Hopefully he will be proud of himself!

So Dad this Top Ten is for you, I hope you enjoy it! ( I should add that my Dad has a much more comprehensive taste in music however these are some songs I remember enjoying with him over the years.)



















Comments

  1. What a wonderful tribute to your family, especially your father. My dad lives quite a distance from me and so a telephone call will have to do today. He and my mom were going to be out of town this weekend anyway, and so I am sure they are having a grand ol' time.

    Your post reminded me of how much my father influenced my taste in music as well.

    I'm so glad to hear that Roxy is doing better. I had a scare with my Riley not too long ago, but he's bounced back. It is so hard to watch them suffer and not be able to do more for them to ease their pain.

    Take care and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Literary Feline, how lovely to hear from you. Thank you for your lovely comment, I too am glad to hear that Riley has recovered, you are right when your animals suffer it is unbearable, they give so altruistically and when they are in pain you feel so helpless.

    Be well and happy, Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a trip down memory lane I have had listening and singing along to all these favourites.
    Again and again.Thank you.
    Memories last forever.
    Thank you so much for your tribute to Fathers day.
    Parents also live through their children and non of our memories would have been complete without you and your sister.
    We too have been blessed.
    I am counting on there being many more years of blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DF, your dad is very handsome in that photo ... he is blessed to have such a thoughtful daughter... and it's great he's turned you on to so much good music. I am 57, are your folks younger than me? Also, you have a great time when you go see BB King! I've seen him at least 3 times ... maybe more. He is amazing that he's still plugging along. Have a blast!
    p.s. I was born on my dad's 46th birthday, his first kid, and always had to hear him telling the "drinking buddies" the story until it was a real "ho-hum" thing, so now I tell it just like the old codger that I'm getting to be - ha! You can only imagine the music I heard about from him, born in 1905!
    Luv, SisSTAR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:21 pm

    I will try to say thank-you here, but, of course, modesty stops me identifying my self except by code. HWMBO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello HWMBO! You are welcome!! I hope you sang along to them all. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure