Camera Critters #6 - Four, Three, Two, One...

I visited a local nature reserve a while back and got these shots of the Canada Geese that reside there for the summer. It was a great afternoon.

Now that autumn has arrived the Geese are massing for their migration. They fly over our house in ever growing numbers collecting at the larger water holes to prepare for the off, and as usual I find myself wishing I was going with them.

I love all four seasons for different reasons. Autumn displays stunning colours, fruit and leaf fall, and brings the sunrise back to the time of day when I am going out with the dogs for their morning walk. But I also yearn to follow the sun to warmer climates and longer daylight hours, and the birds will be missed during the winter.


To join in or see other participants in Camera Critters click here!

Comments

  1. Great captures of the Geese in flight mode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shots. I love hearing them as they travel overhead. I usually here them before I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope to see them soon sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are going to look for sunny days in a nice scenery!They are wonderful dear friend, thanks so much for this beauty!
    Happy Camera Critters
    purrs and love
    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snap: Neat action shoots of the geese.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi - thanks for visiting our blog! We love your photos - you really get the feeling of the them flocking together from them, great! We really enjoyed this post. Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great series of organized chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos of the Canada Geese. They are starting to gather into larger flocks around here and will soon be heading south for the winter. I love to watch them fly over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I frequently go to make a comment, then after reading the others, forget what I was going to say. It's usually the same thing someone else has said, like in this case, it was going to be something like, "Great action shots!"

    I live near a cemetery, and there are some geese that live there in the summer. I didn't see or hear them as much this year. I wonder if they are still around.

    Thanks for your comment on my Camera Critters post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing like captures of birds in flight. So natural, my kind of photography.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great series of Geese photos! Well done! Thanks for sharing your critters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely captures of the birds in different stages of flight!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first one was a masterpiece! Like the sam bird but in different parts of the flight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure