TOGmeister General

It is with a heavy heart that I comment on the recently announced news that as of 18th December this year Terry Wogan will be retiring from the breakfast show 'Wake up to Wogan' on BBC Radio 2.

Radio 2 is a big part of my day and I listen to much of the daily shows. In addition, like many, many people nationwide Terry Wogan has been part of my life since childhood.

My parents used to have him on in the mornings as I was getting ready for school. He has in recent years brought a smile to my face on many mornings with his melodic, baritone voice and calming demeanor.

I am absolutely gutted that he is going and find myself concerned about what I will listen to during my morning journey. I do not approve of the chosen replacement of Chris Evans. Although his success with the drivetime show is a tribute to him and the Radio 2 team I can only take him in small doses and cannot face the thought of him in the mornings.

I have no doubt that he will make it a success and build his own morning show fanbase, but for me this is an end of an era and I am not best pleased!

Ok, its all small fry in the grand scheme of things, and all things change, but I wanted to record it here. Radio 2 has got me through some very hard days, the Pilot of the Airways can be a true friend and companion. Terry I will miss you so very much.

As a final note Terry Wogan is not leaving Radio 2 altogether and is going to have a Sunday show which I look forward to hearing in the New Year. (Image Credit: Solar Navigator)

Comments

  1. Its sad seeing a huge gulf opening up at the departure of someone as huge as Terry is.
    I too spent years listening to him in the car and way back from Fight the Flab days in the 70s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think he should be allowed to leave really!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure