Comments

  1. What a great tree - I would be tempted to bed down in the hollowed out trunk and watch the clouds go by, the sun go down and the stars come out... That is as long as the hollowed out bit were free from insects and discarded beer cans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Let me tell you about this tree. The branch that comes down to the ground originates from 2m up the main stem; you can run under it with good head clearance.

    Thanks to research we are now able to accurately age trees, utilising data collected regarding the typical annual incremental growth for an oak tree grown in such a setting, and this tree has been aged as 1250 years old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:42 am

    We work with what God gives us, what a good eye for balance and photography you have. Not only the pictuure of the tree, but the depth of feeling it evokes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Bowledover! Thank you for your compliment. I have to say I did have the most amazing subject in this instance and thanks to the wonders of digital cameras also took 125 photos! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:03 pm

    Only 125, well now, you could of course produce your own book depicting Trees that I have visited.
    I prefer Trees That I Have Known as a title.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a good idea! I should certainly forward a picture to the official website for this tree, their picture does not do it justice.

    The link is below:

    http://www.radleyvillage.org.uk/ourvillage/history/RadleyOak.htm

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a very beautiful picture. Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure