I broke from sleep to a morn still shrouded deeply in the mist
and ventured from my shelter in search of sun

Through the gorge I made my way by riverside and iron bridge
and sort out path rising steeply, buzzard gliding; rabbits run

The vegetation steamed before me as I crossed the river broad
swirling beneath me thick and black

A forest in reflection rose as my gaze ascended
and bade me welcome as the dawns bird song answered back

Concealed in canopy I moved by a shared trail
print of claw and hoof proceeded my tracks

The saturated woodland thick around me giving glimpse;
a flash of a world sunkist, beyond my current aspect

With racing pulse I greedily pursued the summit veiled
but immanent in arrival, the earths breath revealing

the firmament, virginal, purged of all impurity
this vision now born to me, no longer concealing: a mornings exploration

Comments

  1. That must have been a wonderful walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the nicest start to a day I have had in a long time! If you are ever over that way I recommend a visit to Ironbridge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure