Weekly Six 19th – 25th March 2007’.

Well here we are again! In light of my recent posting regarding a ‘Top 10 of Books’ I am replacing this weeks book item with a Hollywood hero. I have always been a big fan of the movies and would like to share a few of my favourite stars with you via the ‘Weekly six’.

In addition I am changing this weeks’ song item with an album item, and will also be providing a small explanation of my choices from here on in.

A Lyric: Lend me your ear while I call you a fool. – Jethro Tull – Witches Promise

As you may be noticing I am a big Tull fan. I am also going to see them in a week, for the third time, which has brought their songs to the forefront of my mind. Tull embody English Folk/ Paganism for me and I would like to share their unique musical and lyrical talents with you all, there is something for everyone!

An Album: Jethro Tull – Broadsword and the Beast

On my top list of albums; I cannot say it is a top 10 album as there are just too many competing. If you find yourself in need of a new musical direction please listen to this album, it is rhythmical and passionate.


A Film: Harvey, starring James Stewart – Directed by Henry Koster

What can I say about this film…..well for a start I had an imaginary rabbit as a friend for several days after seeing it for the first time and also developed a fear of being institutionalised by distant family members as a result of my eccentricities! A pure feel good film that captures the charm of this weeks' ‘Star of the Screen’.

Stars of the Screen:
James Stewart

I leave you to explore this star on your own, there are no better words to be said than have already been written.

A Location: Ben Nevis – Scotland

Ben Nevis stands at 1344m and is the tallest mountain in Britain. I have climbed Ben Nevis; well climb is a bit of an exaggeration as the footpath is well worn and forgiving….at least on the way up. The significance of this mountain was the visual and mental journey I made to reach the summit. There was a real sense of camaraderie within our group and the sites I encountered on the way and particularly at the summit were unforgettable.

A Headline: Earths’ Air Pressure Propels Clean Energy Plan

‘In a sci-fi approach to providing clean energy, a consortium of Iowa power companies is planning to fill a big underground hole with pressurized air which would then be released to generate electricity. Two other air-storage caverns already exist in Alabama and Germany, demonstrating that the technology is not far-fetched.’

I leave you to form your own opinions of the news headlines that I post. They all come care of the Good News Network. A site worthy of a regular visit.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure