A Feast Fit for a King

Last Sunday my fella and I went over to my sisters for dinner. It was a lovely trip out as we have not seen each other for a while and I miss her company and playing with my wonderful nephew.

However, I wanted to post about the fabulous meal she cooked for us. My sister is a wonderful and imaginative cook, and always makes a huge effort to cater for the vegetarian diet. Last week I think she surpassed herself!

The menu consisted of home made soup, a variation on leak and potato but that description alone does not do it justice. The soup was garnished with 3 slices of salami for the meat eaters and three slices of cucumber for me! It was very delicate and worked so well, I would not have expected it but cucumber goes very well with hot food. (My fella likes cucumber with his chips and swears it is an excellent combination.)

The main course was.......blimey I think everyone had lamb but I am afraid I was a little pre-occupied with this!

This sadly is not a photograph of the actual dish which consisted of a whole stuffed cabbage which was tied to keep it's shape but this is a pretty good representation of it.

The cabbage was stuffed with vegetarian mince and a whole heap of tasty goodies. It didn't touch the sides so I am struggling to remember in too much detail! It really was fabulous and everyone tried some and agreed.

The pudding I have to say, and I have had a week to think about this and still feel the same, goes down as my nicest pudding ever! I recently passed comment on my pudding preference over at Lone Chatelaine's blog and stated that I like them delicate and light. My sister had prepared home made mango ice cream with roast peaches..........sorry needed a moment there and now my mouth is watering all over again!

The afternoon was topped off with coffee and games, a perfect afternoon!

Comments

  1. It was and I expect it did! Ever since we were kids my sister has always put a lot of thought into special meals and so much time. She would be a brilliant chef.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure