Keep Music Live!

I got a call from one of our contractors at work on Friday asking if anyone wanted to buy two tickets for a concert on Saturday. He had two extra that he needed to shift and just guess who they were for..........The Foo Fighters.........at Wembley Stadium!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say I said yes please and last night we went to the new Wembley Stadium for the first time and saw Supergrass in support followed by the 2nd best rock band of the last 14 years. (Sorry but Porcupine Tree Rock!)

Image Credit Wikipedia

And they were absolutely awesome! All 86,000 of us in Wembley bounced for three hours!

Image Credit: NME

So just when we thought the evening could not get any better, for the encore they brought out special guests Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones and did two Zeppelin covers, Rock & Roll and Ramble On. Dave played drums on Rock & Roll and the Foos drummer, Taylor Hawkins, did lead vocals brilliantly. I think any Zeppelin song is hard to sing due to styles and standards set by Robert Plant but he really did it justice!

As for the stadium itself it really is amazing. The views are great, the sound was great and the atmosphere electric. And I participated in my first stadium Mexican wave!

We are definitely going to have to go see a football game there, I can only imagine how amazing the atmosphere would be.

A top night which has left me singing Foo Fighter songs all morning and grinning at the wonderful memory! Thanks Ray!

Comments

  1. How neat is that! I am glad you got to go. :-) The stadium looks huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stadium looks great. I have some Foo Fighters too and those songs sure stay in your head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:15 am

    Wow! that is some happening stuff! I love Wembley Stadium design. It must be fantastic to be in there. :D

    Alex
    Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Literary Feline - It was amazing, both the gig and the stadium. A first for me and well worth it. Plus Wembley is a bit of a mecca for all football fans, whether old or new Wembley.

    Chrome 3D - Seeing a band live always endorses them I think. I still have songs on repeat in my head every waking hour! I expect it will wear off in a week or so!

    Alex - If you get the chance to go do; it is brilliant and will be fantastic for football!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure