That Friday Feeling

Ever since I posted last I have had Van Morrison singing Into the Mystic in my head (please note I am not complaining) it has been 3 days now!

Well I am delighted to say it is Friday and I am starting to get that Friday feeling, helped along by the sunshine which has returned albeit through thin and intermittent cloud.

The dogs and I have had a long lunch time walk and swim (as usual I did not swim but as usual the temptation was there) and they are enjoying an afternoon nap! I miss the ignorance of childhood. I am a water baby and as a child would accidentally on purpose throw myself into any available water. Now the desire is still there but knowledge prevents my actions. For example the stream may look nice but the cows poo in it and the farmer washes his equipment and such off in it upstream!

Still I will be plunging myself into the water on holiday in Scotland next month, no matter what the temperature. We are usually very lucky with the weather in Scotland. The year the storms hit and demolished Boscastle we were in the North West of Scotland. As we holidayed in ignorant bliss, avoiding news broadcasts and papers for two weeks, the road behind us was closed due to mud slides and our family prayed that we were safe and dry. We had glorious weather for the entire holiday!

I have also been advised by my vet to try and get Buddy swimming to alleviate the restrictive movement in his rear legs. You would not notice it when you watch him running about like a lunatic (Buddy's Song - With legs like these, Buddy he was born to run! Sorry Bruce.) but when the vet stretched out his legs he said there was restrictive movement there which obviously for a German Shepherd could be a future issue.

Buddy is afraid of water; he has come on leaps and bounds since we got him as we take him to shallow rivers and streams for a dunk on hot days and encourage him to play without forcing him. Even when I bath him he is desperate not to get his back or head wet. Anyway my vet thinks that if we both go in the water he will follow rather than being left alone, and as Roxy is also a water baby there will be two people and one pup swimming so he will hopefully want to join in. Perhaps we should have gone on holiday in July!!

I will keep you posted on my progress there! We have been on holiday camping in September before but this year Autumn does seem to have arrived a little early. It's hard to tell. I always say I should keep weather and temperature records for comparison. I know of people who do and when ever I have compared trends in weather, rainfall, temperature etc my perception is always wrong.

Well I have been sat at my laptop most of the week and although this activity is not in the least bit work related it is definately time to look at something else! I may retire to the garden for some end of summer pruning and tidying!

Comments

  1. Hi Dancin', would some treats be a good tempter? for Buddy to join you in the water.
    I know one should not do this, but just wondered.
    I also read today, that grapes can harm dogs. There is something in the pulp which attacks their kidneys.Have you heard this?
    Bet your holidays can not come soon enough.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Treats are worth a try. although I think it would have to be steak to get him into water! They do not like to be left behind and the thought it that this will be a big enough motivator. The thing is though that he may come in but I think he will only stay in while we are all there! If that!

    I had not heard about this thank you, we seldom have grapes in but it is a thing I may have given them thinking it would be good for them being fruit.

    We are looking forward to the holiday so much, Scotland here we come! We have not been up there for three years and it is long overdue!

    I hope you are having a wonderful bank holiday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and yes we are enjoying ourselves.
    I can understand about Scotland.
    I never tire of the views and weather.
    We are going next spring.
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure