Greetings. Well I have found some time to go exploring the blogoshpere and once again find myself owing to Coversgirl.

Arukiyomi has very generously prepared a spread sheet listing 1001 books to read in your lifetime, as originally collated by Dr Peter Boxall, which Coversgirl has promoted on her blog, Between the Covers.

Arukiyomis' spreadsheet allows you to tick the books you have read and then tells you the percentage read, and the rate at which you need to read the rest in order to fit them all in to an average lifespan.

I am torn between being ashamed and proud of my efforts. Although I have only read 1% I am part way through several more and have seen some of the books as films. I am however, intending to improve on my statistic and am shortly heading outside for a spot of reading in the sun. Several of the books mentioned are sitting on my book case just waiting to be read!

Anyway, if you would like to view the list and see how you are doing
click here and download the excel spreadsheet. In the meantime my thanks to Coversgirl and Arukiyomi!

Comments

  1. Thanks for this great post - I followed up the link and have downloaded the spreadsheet. I scored 7.9% and have to average 22 books a year to fit i nthe list wihtin my lifetime. Now, I know that is not realistic, so I am not going to get hung up about it. It's not that I can't read 22 books a year, but they are unlikely to all be ones on that list. Also, I realised that most of my avid reading was done in my twenties and very early thirties, and that children do interrup literary pursuits. Also I have read 3 biographis in the last year, and several non fiction, and they would not count!

    It would be interesting to see if the Bloggers top 10 books were on this list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow 7.9% is really good! I am proud of my 1%. It is a list signifying the history of literature so there is not a lot of light fiction, and I have read a lot of that!

    There are a few there I have heard of but won't read, not many, but there is one there that Sunpats Mum learnt to me but it was so sad, and factual, that I just didn't want to carry on! It was later confirmed that it is a really miserable book but very good!

    There were a few of the bloggers top, i think the definitive list was 30, books there but not many. If Harry Potter had been in the top 1001 books to read before you die I would have died! Shameful!

    Have a look at kailana's blog as she has posted the final list. I think the posting was around mid April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:23 am

    ahhh... thank you for blogging my blog. I feel very honoured!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Arukiyomi, You are very welcome, I thought it was a fantastic idea. I would love to know where your blogging identity comes from, it's a very interesting sounding name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:41 am

    mmmm good point... I'll put a little About link on the blog sidebar so check back in a bit and all will be revealed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure