And the meek shall inherit the earth...2,3,4!

I am going to see Rush again tonight! My life is filled with music whether it be playing via my head jukebox or my computer and I could not live without it. Music touches something very primal in me and can make my soul soar and then in an instant reduce me to sobbing, obviously dependant on the song. I am a big fan of live music and go to as many gigs as I can manage clocking up performances by pink floyd, jethro tull, rush, steely dan, albert lee, johnny winter, crash test dummies, all about eve, yes, hayseed dixie, hawkwind (featuring Arthur Brown), nick harper, roy harper, bob dylan, freak power, stereophonics, dweezil zappa (featuring the world famous Ray White) and little feat to name but a few.....ok to name the best few, there are some suspect bands but I guess that just depends on your tastes. Unfortunately most of the bands/ artists I would like to see are deceased but I enjoy making the most of this spell of ageing rock bands returning to glory. I have recently decided that if I could travel back in time I would travel to 1st January 1970 and then spend a decade attending gigs! I am grieved not to be able to include the likes of frank zappa, stevie ray vaughan, ac/dc (with Bon Scott), jimi hendrix (he just made it to 1970), the doors, free, deep purple, janis joplin, the who, bb king...you get the picture. I know some of them are still gigging and some of them still gig in the UK so who knows, maybe I'll be able to add a few more to my list in this decade although to have seen them in their day would have been awesome. If you have seen any of these guys and wish to gloat feel free! In the meantime I leave you with a quote from frank zappa - music is the best. (Short and simple!)
(Image Credit: Google, Album Fly by Night, Rush 1975)

Comments

  1. I hope you had a good time!

    Music is an important part of my life too. I always have a song in my heart, if not in the head. LOL And like for you, music can give me such a high or it can reduce me to tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thanks for the comment. It was awesome thank you!!!

    They played for about two and a half hours and managed to play two of my favourite songs which is always a bonus.

    My favourite bit of the gig as always though is a chance to watch Neil Peart (drummer) and marvel at his amazing skill. You really can't beat live music!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure