Four Legged Friends Reading Challenge

I am taking part in the Four Legged Friends Reading Challenge, as created by Kailana at Kailana's Written World, in memory of her beautiful dog Sandy ('Rascal') pictured here. (The small, darker creatures front and rear are called Atra and Miko.)

Please follow the links above for extensive details or to join in;
in brief the challenge is to read 3-5 books where animals are the main focus of the book, main characters or certainly very influential, (Who am I kidding......it is impossible for me to be brief!) before the 26th Feb 2008 and review them on your blog!

Sounds like a top idea to me so I have been searching for some books to read and have come up with these. I have only heard of one of them before and am looking forward to getting my teeth stuck in.
  1. Life of Pi, Yann Martal (Bengal Tiger, Orangutan, Hyena, Zebra)


  2. The Lost Pet Chronicles: Adventures of a K-9 Cop Turned Pet Detective, Kathy Albrecht (Weimaraner)


  3. Whale Song: A Novel About The Greatest and Deepest of Beings, Robert Seigel (Humpback Whale)


  4. The Loops, Nicholas Evans (Wolves)


  5. The Enormous Crocodile, Roald Dahl (Crocodile)

So, I had better get reading! Looking forward to reading everyone's reviews and my thanks to Kailana. (Image Credit: Kailana)

Comments

  1. This sounds like a fun challenge.
    I've heard of a couple of the books you listed, but I haven't read any of them.
    If you need more to read I highly recommend "Where the Red Fern Grows" by Wilson Rawls and "Marley and Me" by John Grogan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi L^2! Thanks for the recommendations, you should take part in the challenge.

    I have to say my main criteria when trying to pick animal books was absolutely no tearjerkers! Sad books about animals are just too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have many books in my "to be read" pile right now, but unfortunately none of them are about animals - those are always read first. If I can come up with some soon though, I just might join in. :-)

    And if you don't want tearjerkers then you'd better NOT read my suggestions - they're really good, but they both make me weep every time I read them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up! I will maybe save them for a holiday when I can get away with a good weep and not have to face the world or go to work the next day! (I get really puffy eyes and red blotches after the smallest sob!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure