Four Legged Friends Reading Challenge.

Last year I registered for the Four Legged Friends Reading Challenge created by Kailana. The challenge was to read 3-5books where an animal was one of the main characters by February 2008.

I picked five new books that I didn't own (Typical me!) and thought I would manage to purchase, read and review them...I was wrong!

I do however have a great book that I can review where a dog is one of the two main characters. The book is Two Feet, Four Paws: The girl who walked her dog 4,500 miles by Spud Talbot-Ponsonby (a factual account).

In an attempt to raise funds for the homeless, Spud sets off with her recently adopted rescued 'Pup' Tess, and walks the entire coastline of mainland Britain, for the most at a rate of 20 miles a day.

In a pre-agreed schedule, friends, and friends of friends, volunteer to drive the support vehicle (a VW Camper) while Spud and Tess traverse the coastline. They bond quickly, as you would expect, and I think no pup may have ever had such a free and perfect first year with their new companion as Tess did.

It is a brilliant journey detailing the most beautiful coastline. I received the book as a gift from my very good friend and fellow traveller Izzy. (Rating 5/5)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure