Poetry Continued.

Following on from my last post I have been thinking more, about poetry and writing, and reading back through some of the verse I have written over the past couple of years.

The poems I have written and like bring me joy to read because of the connection with the original inspiration. They are perfect 'diary' entries for my life whether good poems or not however, impossible to achieve on a daily basis or even at regular intervals, as is required of a comprehensive diary I feel.

Today was a key date regarding our prospective house purchase or possible relocation. We met with our current landlords and discussed things, we now wait to hear the exact valuation of the house.

I came across this poem today which I wrote when we became aware that we may have to move out of this house and I enjoyed reading it. So, I thought I'd post it again, it all still applies.

Our House

With dawns emergence morning penetrates
Through every portal in your shell that shields and dominates

The early light kindles an inner glow
Accentuating arms encircling us in brick and stone

Throughout the suns trajectory you boast
A view port framing season from the aspect favoured most

Through century your foundations endure
A feature prominent in scape, weathered and matured

Now within your frame we reside
Free to feel and be and dream, our safe place where we hide

And when all eyes close upon the world
We treasure this your shelter, snug in your stature furled

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure