Resolute

It's been a hectic start to the year, as I suspect it has been for most folk. I am not a great believer in resolutions but the changing of the year never fails to make me think of things I would like to improve about my life.

I would like to be more organised in order to achieve more in my personal life. Work is busy and great and I have a slightly obsessive but nevertheless reliable system at work for ensuring everything gets done, I would now like the same for home.

The end of 2007 saw me getting up earlier and going to bed later just trying to cram a few extra things into each day and it made my head spin and was I think, a little counter productive. So, this year I am starting a sort out and prioritisation of personal aspirations, from seeing more of my family and friends to realising some personal business ideas and giving more time to my favourite personal pursuits of photography and writing. It means some things are going to have to go.

I am considering getting rid of my piano. It is on a rental scheme and I can't quite justify buying it at the moment as it isn't being played. I love the piano and always want one in my life but at the moment there are other things to do in my available spare time.

I am committed to home study for the next two years while completing a professional qualification.

We are going to be moving or buying a house this spring as the landlords of our rental property are putting the house we live in on the market in March so we have a new focus there.

And finally I want to be able to dedicate time to blogging as I want to. I have with some regret not carried on with the Thursday Thirteen. Week three came at Christmas and like most I was busy with family and friends. I am sad to give it up as even after just two weeks I had found some amazing blogs and had some great new visitors but it takes up all of my blogging time some weeks and there are other blogging things I would like to do. I also have a reading challenge to complete in.....oooh not very long! (Kailana don't worry I am a quick reader!)

So lots of changes planned and a bit of structuring to do but it will be worth it! Here's to 2008, may the days be long, productive and activity filled!

Comments

  1. Oh when I saw the pup pic I thought you had gotten yourself a new puppy... I can always hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joni! And what a puppy to have! It won't be long and I promise you will be one of the first to know!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure